Job Specification: Tax Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our small but growing tax and accountancy practice based in the centre of Nottingham. As Chartered Tax Advisers as well as a member firm of ICAEW, our primary focus is on providing high quality tax advisory and compliance services to our wide range of personal, corporate and trust clients as well as assisting our business clients with their accounts, VAT and payroll. Our current vacancy is mainly in personal tax although it will be seen below that there may be scope to extend this role to other professional services.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to at least ATT level or ideally CTA and have considerable experience working in personal tax, in a practice environment. An additional accountancy qualification would be an advantage.
We will consider candidates looking for either a part or full-time role.
We offer flexible working hours, generous holiday entitlement and a friendly office environment. The successful candidate will report directly to one or more of the partners. Study support may be available for example to enable the successful candidate to progress from ATT to CTA or for someone who already has a tax qualification to study for AAT. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
The role description below covers the professional services that would be required from the successful applicant. Depending on the applicant’s experience and qualifications there may be scope to vary this somewhat to play to the strengths of the applicant and also broaden their work experience.
As we are a small office there may also be a little administration work required from the candidate.
Role description: -this is a broad summary only; for fuller details please apply to Charlotte Chapman
firstname.lastname@example.org Direct dial 0115-9644902
- Managing a portfolio of tax clients, including:
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns for individuals, partnerships and trusts.
- Dealing directly with clients, by letter/email, over the telephone and in person.
- Checking client’s PAYE coding notices, HMRC statements etc., correspondence with HMRC.
- Assisting the partners with tax advisory work and HMRC enquiries.
- Experience of corporate tax is not essential, but there should be a reasonable understanding of general corporate tax issues and their interaction with personal tax.